Monday, August 24, 2009

Cheers to 26!


In one week I will cross the mid-twenties mark. In a week I will turn the big 2-6. I have a list that I've been working on for a while now of 40 things I want to do before I'm 40. I guess I don't dream big because I don't have 40 (yet). But there are a few things on that list that I want to cross off in the next year. I am blogging about it because this is my way of holding myself accountable. So before I turn 27 (eek) I want to...


1. Learn to shag. This was a New Year's resolution this year. This is also supposed to be my reward from Chris since I stopped biting my nails (woot woot)...Hopefully with his crazy travel schedule we'll find time to take a professional lesson or two. And if not, I may have to rent a boyfriend for classes.

2. Go to a new winery. This stemmed off my desire to go to Sonoma Wine Country in CA, which won't be happening this year. Going to Duplin Winery was one of my favorite trips last year. It was one of the best Saturday's I've ever had and I'd like to have another one of those before I'm 27.

3. Go to Ocracoke. I've been blessed the last 2 summers to have the opportunity to go to Hatteras more than my fair-share of times. I've heard so many people talk about Ocracoke and how much fun you can have biking the island and enjoying the small-town atmosphere. We're going to Hatteras in October and I'm crossing my fingers I can convince Chris we need to go down one day early so that I can experience Ocracoke for myself.

4. Last but not least, I want to laugh every day. I want to learn to not take everything for granted and to enjoy the moment I'm in, not worry about the future. I am so incredibly blessed and I want to remember this every day.


So hold me to these things. I promise I'll keep you update. Cheers to 26!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment