Wednesday, September 2, 2009

up for a challenge?

September is here!!! For all of you wondering, my birthday was wonderful. In fact, I was rather spoiled. The weekend in Hatteras didn't go as planned - but it turned out better than ever. We were supposed to fish in a tourny, but unfortunately, Danny ruined the chances of me catching a sail for my birthday...maybe that will be a belated birthday present. Friday morning Bobby, Chris and I went out on the boat for a little adventure, but adventure was short lived due to some rough water, dark clouds and the Coast Guard - so we decided to bring the boat out of the water. But hey, at least I got an hour on the water. That afternoon we enjoyed some simple sandwiches and then "practiced tailgating" outside in the sun. It was glorious. That was followed up by a scrumptious dinner at Dinky's - somewhere I had never been.
Bobby had decided that we were going to celebrate my birthday all weekend, so he made me brunch the next day - French toast. It was awesome. And the mimosa that was presented to me was even better. At this point, Chris insisted that I open my first (yes, there were MORE than one) present. YAY!!! New Jack Rogers!!!!! Just what a needed - Chris is good at catching hints. Our friend Staci had come Friday night after work, and all day Saturday we played Bocce ball and corn hole outside. I caught some rays and a nice buzz. That night - we had dinner at Breakwater. Now I'm torn between which I like better, Breakwater or Dinky's.

Anywho - my other presents were my own set of Tervis Tumblers (Chris claims EVERYONE needs their own set) and my last gift - was the start to our "New Years/Bowl Game" fund. Basically - we're going to start saving up so that come December/January we can do something really fun to celebrate Chris' birthday, New Years and (hopefully) a bowl game. My birthday celebration came to end Monday with some delicious kabobs Chris threw on the grill. Thanks to everyone who made my 26th birthday one to remember. I even got candles in half a watermelon.

Moving on...Now I can look forward to football season. It's officially game week and I'm sooooo excited for Saturday. Chris and I have our outfits picked out and it's going to be a purple-kind of Saturday!!!!! Gooooooo Pirates!!!!!

I have a challenge for myself (and for all of you who want to join): http://www.twohundredsitups.com/test.html
Tomorrow morning I'm going to do the test...and then hopefully my September 30th, I will be able to successfully complete 200 sit ups. You up for the challenge?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment