Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodbye and Hello

Today is the last day at the WCHD. Tomorrow is the first day at the NCHD. Wow. Nothing like taking some time off.


I am filled with all sorts of emotion. Part of me is so excited to begin a new chapter of life. And another part of me is scared of the unknown. Will I make new friends? Will I be able to live up to their expectations? Did I make the right decision?


I have to trust that I did make the right decision. To be honest, the fact that I can sleep until 6:30am (I'm usually almost to work at this point) and actually eat breakfast somewhere besides my desk at work is worth all the nervousness in the world. Tonight I can stay up until 10pm if I want and know that I won't feel awful in the morning. I can actually go to the gym when normal people do. To be honest, I'm excited.




In other news - this past Friday I said "Hello" to Christmas tree season. Officially marks the beginning of the holidays. I'm sad I don't have a house to have my own tree to decorate, but it's heartwarming to see all the families that stop by to get their Watson Christmas Tree (only the best). This Friday I'll head back to Lumberton for some more tree-action - I'm sad to be missing the ECU game but don't you worry, I'll have a mimosa in hand come game time and I'll be rockin' the purple and gold. (They've all been warned). In fact, us missing this game makes me smile, because I know that Chris is dedicated to his family and that he's needed to help at the Christmas tree lot. So - I'm going to be there to support him and have fun with the Watson's. Hey - Christmas only happens once - and I've seen MANY football games this year...



So...get in the Christmas spirit and GOOOOOOOO PIRATESSSS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey pretty girl! I love that you send this to me and I miss you :( Congrats on your new job! My last day at Forsyth Medical Center is Thursday and I am moving back to Raleigh on Saturday. I took a job at REX hospital and like you, I am nervous. It is definitely bittersweet. However, I know you will do great and I wish you nothing but the best :) I am so glad that you and Chris are doing so well. I hope to see you guys soon! Have a GREAT weekend with his fam and good luck with everything

    <3 Allison Klein

    ReplyDelete