Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More than just the leaves are changing...

Where do I start? Well, I'll just tell you - I got a new job. I start December 1st. I officially resigned from my current job today, meaning my last day will be November 30th. I never was one to allow myself much of a transition. I'm going to be working in Nash County - hello, 7 minute commute, goodbye, 50 minute commute. Needless to say, no job is perfect. But this is a step in the right direction....so from the beginning....

I saw the posting, I ignored it. I ran across it again and decided that I was dumb not to apply. Currently I'm spending upwards of 8 hours a week driving to and from work. Ridiculous. So I applied. I got an interview and within 8 hours they were calling to see if they could check my references. That meant, I had to make my boss aware that I had applied and interviewed for another job. I was scared, nervous and excited. And I survived. Then a week later, yesterday, I was offered the job. Needless to say, I took it.

I'm closing one door of my life but I'm hoping many more will open. It's a time for change. And I like it.


(and if you're wondering...this is not another STD/sex ed position - I'm going to be working to promote breast cancer awareness/outreach - all funded by the Komen Foundation)

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete